This EN 17206 – Lifting Upper Machinery classroom is designed to provide the stage machinery designer, the system integrator and the operator working for the entertainment industry with an in-depth understanding of the specifications and requirements related to Lifting Upper Machinery in the entertainment industry.
During the three day course, you will learn the applicable guidelines for Lifting Upper Machinery from EN 17206:2020.
The course explores the fundamentals of mechanical design requirements, protective measures, testing and documentation. You will navigate through the entire design process. By the end of the course, you will have a solid understanding of the core responsibilities in the design and identification of Lifting Upper Stage Machinery.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the stage machinery mechanical requirements and highly recommended protective measures
- Identify EN 17206 stage machinery use cases and related specifications
- Understand terminology and stage machinery elements
- Learn about load-bearing equipment, load-bearing lines and control system specifications
- Transpose testing requirements into a consistent roadmap and checklist
- List the technical data, machinery parameters and information to be provided in the machinery instructions
Who is this course for?
This EN 17206 Lifting Upper Machinery course is ideal for those who design, integrate, or use stage machineries and control systems and are responsible for ensuring that compliance is reached.
- Machinery designers
- Control system engineers
- Project managers
- System integrators
- H&S managers
- The course is made of 8 lessons, split across three days.
- Each lesson duration is max 1h.
- At the end of each day, the students may be asked to complete a quiz.
- All presentations and quiz are online based.
- Lesson 1 – Definition and Identification
- Lesson 2 – Load Parameters and Main Requirements
- Lesson 3 – Design Requirements
- Lesson 4 – Protective Measures – Part 1
- Lesson 5 – Protective Measures – Part 2
- Lesson 6 – Use Cases and Safety Functions
- A computer fitted with a webcam and microphone to be able to participate in the lessons.
- Access to the internet.